Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Race

Sports are a tricky thing. I have learned much about life from sports. I started playing t-ball when I was about 5 and ever since then sports have been apart of my life. From sports I learned about teamwork, discipline, determination, and even failure and disappointment.

Sadly sports and competition have often got the best of me. I let them get me frustrated and have at times let them get in the way of friendship. It has been amazing how serious I quickly get taking all of the fun out of the competition.

Paul encourages us to run the race to win the prize. This requires finding passion within in ourselves while finding perspective and self control. Anyone that has ever been in to running knows that it is much like the New Balance commercial, a love-hate relationship. It is hard at the time but the benefits are very rewarding.

May we find the strength and insight to run the race.

No comments: