Monday, August 4, 2008

Mastering the Mundane

It is so easy to get caught in a mundane flow of life. I struggle with this daily, but I believe that God has called us to more than this. In John 10:10 Jesus said, "I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." My heart cries out to find a life of adventure. When I look back upon my life I want to know that I accepted this full life that Jesus came to offer, and I believe that this begins by realizing each moment as a gift from God.

I could be wrong here, but I think there are a bunch of people out there that what to live for God but they don't know how. They look at their lives and they don't think that they have the time or the ability to make a difference in the world around them. After all, how many kids that dream of playing professional football grow up to have a name like Peyton Manning. In the same way, I think many of us look at our ministers, or at the authors of the books we read, and we think to ourselves, "I would love to be like this person, but I just am not good enough."

We often discount ourselves, but the truth is that if we are going to become people of influence it starts with realizing each moment. Each moment presents a new opportunity to be Christ to those around us. I read a great book called, "Chasing Daylight" written by Erwin McManus that does a wonderful job of communicating this.

Maybe you are at a point in life when you are wondering why God has placed you where you are. Maybe you are frustrated with life and searching for something more. I submit to you that if we learn to master the mundane, that we might find a life that is much more exhilarating. We might find a life guided by God.

Can we learn to do this together? I know we can. Lets look for opportunities to see God, and to know that he is in control.

No comments: