Monday, May 25, 2009

The Struggle

To the masses that read this post...and to myself. I haven't written in a long time because of many reasons, but it is now time for some additional reflection. I have seen God's blessings in my life...and I have witnessed the answer to prayer. Yet even though I have seen miracles, I struggle to stay faithful to his way. Often when we see in the Bible that disciples witnessed miracles, and still lacked faith, we criticize them. I am no different than those disciples. I have seen His glory, yet have allowed the world to influence me...and to neutralize me. May God defeat Satan in my life.

God, see through the muck and the mire and see my soul. Search me and find the love that I have for you, and forgive me of my sin. Create in me something that is new, and teach me to be more like you. I am searching to provide for myself...but you are the great provider. Forgive me of my ways, and light in me a new fire...one that is different than any fire I have had before. Breathe new life into this body, and save it from the evil that fills this world.

This world is a big place full of people that do not know you, and I have selfishly thought only of my struggles and troubles. Change me, Lord, so that I might touch the world around me. Fill me with the confidence that I so desperately lack.

May I begin to see this world as you see it. May my life become relevant because of the work you will do in me.

2 comments:

Brandon said...

Glad to see you're blogging again...

Ransomed said...

Thanks Man.